Associate Editor - Astronomy Magazine
|July 16, 2012 - December 31, 2012|
|Description:||WHY THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY|
• International exposure for writing and editing projects.
• Travel opportunities for meetings, seminars, and star parties.
• Opportunity to work with experienced journalism staff.
• Partnership with authoritative voices of the astronomy field.
• Ability to work on wide variety of projects.
• Modern, comfortable office environment.
• Write and develop articles for layout.
• Create digital astronomy-related products.
• Evaluate and edit manuscripts from contributors and prepare them for layout.
• Work with outside agencies, universities, and businesses to develop relationships within the astronomy field.
• Cultivate authors and assist them in developing articles.
• Contribute story ideas.
• Find and develop illustrations and sidebar articles for stories.
• Represent the magazine at seminars, meetings, and star parties.
• Two years of writing/editing experience.
• Strong editorial and time-management skills.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in physics, mathematics, or astronomy.
• Solid knowledge of, and passion for, astronomy.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
You will need to send a resume, writing samples, and a cover letter that must detail your:
1. Astronomy and editorial experience
2. Salary requirements
Kalmbach is located in Waukesha Wisconsin, about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. We offer a customer focused work environment and excellent benefits! For more information about Astronomy magazine please visit www.astronomy.com.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.